TATTICO Bluetooth® Mini Pump: This changes everything.
Now you can fine-tune pressures out on the cyclocross course rather than head for the pits during your pre-ride. You can repair punctures with 0.5psi accuracy whether you're in your garage, your hotel room or trailside on the Great Divide. Never again fly with a floor pump, never again have to pinch your tire and guess. Tattico Bluetooth®: This changes everything.
Since launching the original Tattico, Silca has received an enormous amount of interest in a mini-pump that has a gauge on it. Mini-pumps with gauges certainly isn't anything new so they began the project by working to understand the limitations of current models. After months of research and testing it became clear that not only pump form factor and size, but also accuracy and durability were limiting factors to achieving this.
In regards to accuracy, the problem with mini-pump gauges quickly becomes an issue of size. The gauge can't be so big that it feels bulky in a jersey pocket nor can it be too small. Much like a high-end watch, the internal mechanism of an accurate pump gauge consists of a variety of small, precision machined parts with precise movements. Also similar to a watch, the internal components of a floor pump gauge are already very small in size. As Silca looked at creating a gauge small enough to mount on a mini-pump, they found that as the overall size of the gauge decreased, the internal mechanism needed to be simplified and therefore accuracy decreased rapidly. This leaves traditional mini-pump gauges generally being barely more accurate than squeezing the tire with your fingers.
The other issue to overcome is durability. The Tattico is designed to be small enough to fit in a jersey pocket but it's also able to be mounted alongside a bottle cage. When mounted, the mini-pump essentially becomes part of the frame so must be able to withstand high frequency vibrations, heavy impacts and also moisture and dirt intrusion from riding in adverse conditions. The only technology available today that can handle these conditions is wireless technology. The Tattico BlueTooth® gauge is isolated in a fully sealed, shock-proof and waterproof environment within the pump body where it can be expected to perform flawlessly for many years.
Tattico has 4 unique design features that set it apart from the rest.
- Inverted Design: Tattico is designed backwards from most pumps. The hose and valving is hidden inside the Inner tube rather than the outer cylinder as in other designs. The Result: Up to 10% more air per stroke compared to pumps of similar length!
- Adaptable Cup Seal: Other pumps seal with o-rings, which are great when the pump is cold, but as heat builds and the cylinder grows, o-ring seals lose effectiveness. The Tattico Adaptable Cup Seal grows with the tube resulting in ultimate efficiency at all temperatures.
- Hidden Heat Sink Controls Temperatures: There is a heat sink hidden at the end of the barrel which absorbs a high percentage of heat generated when pumping. This keeps the rest of the pump cool, even at high pressures.
- Twin Tube Insulated Handle Design Keeps Hands Cool: Tattico Handle uses 2 thin tubes separated by an insulating air gap to keep hands cool. This results in better grip and control without risk to hands even when inflating multiple tires to high pressures.
- Seamless connection to iGauge mobile app for clear, accurate pressure reading
- 6061 Alloy barrel and gripping surfaces
- High-efficiency piston design
- Long extractable filler hose with locking presta/schrader chuck
- Maximum pressure 120psi
- 9-1/2" length
- Includes direct-mount backed with retaining strap for bottle boss mounts
- Easily replaceable CR2032 battery.
Using the iGauge
- Download iGauge app from Apple iTunes or Google Android apps
- Engage TATTICO pump head on the valve stem and move the valve lever to the lock position
- Start the iGauge app on your mobile device
- The app will indicate "SEARCHING"
- Begin adding air to the tire. This will wake the Bluetooth transmitter and sync with the mobile device
- Continue pumping until you reach the desired tire pressure
- Closing the app and storing the pump will put the Bluetooth transmitter in hibernation